Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wegmans

Today I had a busy day.  First we went to get the camera and then we stopped at Wegmans.  If you've never been to a Wegmans you will want to someday.  It's the BEST grocery store around.  It has everything.  It was founded in Rochester in 1916 and is family owned.  Now it is in 5 states, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Northern Virginia, and Maryland and it wins lots of awards. One special award it wins every year says that it it a great place to work.  Wegmans is the 2nd largest employer in Rochester.  As of 2009, 13,381 people worked there.  I'm going to learn some more about the businesses here and will share that with you another day.

Here are my friends from last night at the plant exchange. I'm right in the front. Everyone started different kinds of plants from seeds and then traded them so they could have a lot of different kinds. While Grandma and I went to Wegmans, Larry planted them.  I hope they grow, some are pretty puny. Do you know what it means for them to be puny? It means they'll be lucky if they grow.
I liked the dogs and Scout and Bailey liked me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment