Friday, May 21, 2010

Flat Stanley Is Here

"Welcome to our home Flat Stanley," Grandma says when she opens the big brown envelope and gives Stanley a big hug.  "You are now in the town of Webster which is a suburb of Rochester, NY.  Rochester is between Buffalo and Syracuse and is the third largest city in New York State.  You came in really good condition and I hope you had a good trip.   You're lucky you came now while our weather is so nice.  It gets pretty cold here in the winter and I would have had to get a heavy coat for you."

Stanley looks at Grandma and says "Myles said he was going to call and let you know I was coming, so I guess he did."  He was surprised she didn't give him a big sloppy kiss too.  "Can you say 'Hello' to Myles and everyone in Mrs. Martineau's class for me when you write on your blog?  Tell Myles I miss him but I know I'll be happy while I'm here.   Do you think I can play on your iPhone, Myles said that you let him?" 

Grandma thought, "Oh my, we have to find other things for Stanley to do so that he isn't on the computer or iPhone all day." 
"Why don't we look around the house and get familiar with where everything is and then we're going to get ready to go to a party tonight.





Stanley in front of the computer





Stanley in front of some
tulips picked from the garden

Stanley got to play one computer game
while Grandma took a shower.

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment